Perfect Pair ( Flower Arrangements)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3442 times
A beautiful cake stand makes the cake seem so much more delicious. Ms. Sonal panchmatia here concocted this awesome arrangement of green apples and agapanthus to complement our berry cake.
Add your private note
Perfect Pair ( Flower Arrangements) recipe - How to make Perfect Pair ( Flower Arrangements)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 cake stand
thin cotton cloth
3 foam pieces
agapanthus purple flowers
roots of banyan tree
few stems of green variegated ivy
- Rub the green apples with a clean thin cotton cloth so as to bring out their natural shine. Place 3 pieces off foam that are well soaked in water on a flat tray or any cane base as shown in the picture.
- Piling the foam this way will not only help the arrangement to gain height but will also give it stability.
- Cut the agapanthus stem short and arrange them in the foam going shorter than a row of apples giving it a circular formation.
- A bit of foam might be visible after putting in the agapanthus. To give it a little natural and wild look, take roots of a banyan tree or some malleable twigs and twist them round the arrangement and above the agapanthus.
- Intersperse the twigs with a few stems of the green variegated ivy to give it a softer look. Any other type of greens that have small eaves will also do. Avoid any large and strong green leaves, as they would disturb the formation.
- Place the berry cake on a platter ( slightly larger than the diameter of the cake) on the foam and you have an incredible centerpiece ready.
- Making the berry cake is easy. Buy ready-made vanilla sponge from your local baker. Slice it into 3 pieces, horizontally. Sprinkle some sugar syrup to moisten the cake and intersperse it with freshly whipped cream and berries.
- We have put the cream and berries only in the centre of the cake. This not only gives the cake a homemade look but it also gives it a smoother, neater finish and makes the finishing touch easier.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.