Pepper and Cumin Pooris
by Dhara Mehta
This recipe has been viewed 986 times
Soft and crunchy savoury pooris at the same time is delight after eating too many sweets in a festive season. If stored in airtight container it can stay fresh until 2 weeks .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make hard dough using warm water .
- Let it rest under wet kitchen towel for about 30 mins.
- Knead the dough well so that when you make a ball and press it in between your palms it should not have too many cracks . If that happens use little water and knead the dough well again try using as little water as possible .
- Make equal sized balls and roll out small pooris but make it thick like paratha .
- Alternatively you can roll out a big thick paratha and use a cookie cutter and cut out equal sized pooris .
- Don't let them dry out much as they will not puff up.
- So as soon as you make you fry it or cover them under moist kitchen towel.
- When you are putting them in hot oil the flame should be on high and you press it gently so that poori will puff up ;when it puffs up reduce the flame to medium and flip it and fry them until light pink .
- Repeat the same procedure with rest .
This recipe was contributed by Dhara Mehta on 10 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.