Pepper Rasam By apar
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4925 times
1. pepper rasam is a very good cure for cold, cough, indigestion, constipation.
2. if you want the rasam to be hot, then in the seasoning you can add one red chilli.
3. when boiling rasam, keep the flame medium. also cover the rasam with a lid so that the aroma is not lost.
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup water for 30 min.
- After 30 min, strain to get tamarind water.
- to this tamarind water add pepper powder, jeera powder, salt, hing and curry leaves.
- Boil this mixture for 10 min till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
- Now add 1 1/2 cups water to the boiled tamarind mixture.
- Let it boil for 3 min.
- Check the taste of rasam.
- At this stage you can add more salt, pepper powder if you want.
- Remove from fire.
- for seasoning, heat ghee, add mustard seeds. let it splutter. add this to rasam.
- serve pepper rasam piping hot with rice, ghee and roasted papad.
This recipe was contributed by apar on 17 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.