Pepper Rasam By Pearlie
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2342 times
Enjoy the delectable flavour of pepper in this pepper rasam recipe and serve as soup or curry with steamed rice. Pepper is a wonder herb when it comes to relieving digestive complaints and also in clearing blocked noses.
- Soak the tamarind in 4 cups of warm water for 15 - 20 minutes extract the tamarind pulp.
- Add salt and asafoetida, mix well and bring boil.
- Add the rasam powder and toovar dal, mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry chillies.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, pour over the rasam and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or drink as a soup.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.