Pepe Chechki ( Raw Papaya Curry)
by BETHICA DAS
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25448 times
Papaya cooked in a Bengali style.It is a dry preparation and is cooked with urad dal vadis and spiced with just salt and turmeric, gives it an authentic taste. Best had with chapattis.
- Heat oil in a pan and first fry the vadis till golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same oil, temper with the panch phoron and green chillies.
- After they stop spluttering, add the grated papaya, salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook, covered till done. Water can be sprinkled at intervals if required.
- When done, add the ghee and the coriander leaves. Mix well and serve with chapattis.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 02 Apr 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.