Penne in Pumpkin Sauce ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10458 times
Red pumpkin is an ingredient popularly used in continental cuisine, in the preparation of not just soups, but also sauces, dips, toppings and sandwiches too. Here, in this mouth-watering creation, it is used to make a creamy, herby sauce for penne. You might think that pumpkin is not your kids’ favourite, but they will love it in this form, because it makes the dish pleasantly colourful and creamy, without the addition of cheese or cream. The Penne in Pumpkin Sauce also stays fresh in the dabba for more than 4 hours, so your kids can open their boxes for a lovely surprise in the afternoon. Pack Chocolate Chip and Mango Muffin ( Tiffin Recipe) for a sweet ending to the lunch break.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the red pumpkin, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the red pumpkin is soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer along with the milk till smooth. Keep the pumpkin sauce aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared pumpkin sauce and penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||564.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.