This recipe has been viewed 2040 times
Peda, a quick version of the traditional Indian sweet flavoured with cardamom and garnished with pistachios. Make them for festive occassions like Ganesh Chaturthi and Daserra.
- Heat pan on medium high, add 3 tablespoons of water along with the sugar. Boil for a few minutes till you have the consistency of a single thread. Test between your fingers, it should form a single thread when the fingers are pulled apart.
- Turn the heat down to medium low. Add the unsalted butter then stir till the butter melts.
- Add the milk powder and cardamom powder, mix well and keep on stirring til the mixture becomes thick like cake-batter, then take it off the stove and keep it aside to cool for 1 hour.
- As the batter thickens, make 2 inch balls and lightly press in the middle to form a small crater.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- You can add yellow food coloring to make a wonderful light yellow colored pedhas.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 30 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.