Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4787 times
Pecan Pie easy to make taste really good.
- Preheat the oven at 400°C. Poke the pie shell several times with a fork and pre-bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove pie shell from the oven and place on a rack.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and maple syrup.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then add the salt and dissolved cornstarch, whisking vigorously.
- Keep stirring and cook over high flame till the mixture thickens and is clear.
- Remove from heat and add the margarine and vanilla, stirring until the margarine is melted.
- Pour mixture into the pre-baked pie shell.
- Arrange the pecan halves on top and press it gently.
- Place the pie the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 200°C
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove, cool on a rack for about a hours, then refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 17 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.