Peas Stuffed Special Poories
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2682 times
Fried poories stuffed with cheesy pea filling.
- Add the peas to water and add the cream and boil for 2 mins on high and 4 mins on medium. After this filter off the peas and keep seperate and keep the creamy water seperate.
- To the peas add 1/4 tsp salt, the corriander powder, the amchur powder, the cumin seeds powder and black pepper and grind into a paste in the mixer grinder (do not add any water at all)- let the paste be slightly thick.
- Preparing the mixture:
- In a frying pan- add 1 1/2 tbsp oil, add the chopped onions and fry for 45 secs-1 min (until glassy), then add the ginger garlic paste and chilli powder and mix well and allow to cook for 45 secs-1 min.
- Then grind the mixture into a paste in a mixer grinder and add this to the peas paste and mix all the ingridients into a composite paste.
- Mix the atta and maida together for 1 min
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the mix and mix well
- To this mixture add the composite paste and mix well- very well
- Finally add 1 1/2 cups of the creamy water
- Mix into a final composite mix
- Keep this composite mix in the fridge for 1 hour- 90 mins.
- After this thaw out the mix for 20-25 mins.
- Make the dough into a number of balls, lay them out and roll them into flat strips and deep fry.
- Serve hot with ketchup
- Ideal for evening snacks or festive meals
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#453684 on 19 Sep 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.