Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2055 times
Peas Rice or matar pulao is a versatile rice recipe with fresh green peas cooked with rice and whole spices. A lovely rice recipe , the peas rice is best paired with cucumber raita.
- Cook rice seperately.
- Cook peas with little salt.
- Ground coriander leaves and green chillies and make a paste.
- In a frying pan heat oil, add little mustard.
- Add red chillies, add chopped onion fry till golden brown now add the coriander and green chilly paste fry for 2 minutes, add the cooked peas and asafoetida and fry for 2 minutes add rice and salt to taste and mix.
- Peas rice is ready to eat.
This recipe was contributed by Lakshmirajan on 29 Mar 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.