Peas Payasam ( Mutter Kheer)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5809 times
Coconut milk can be added to enhance the flavour. This mixture can also be used to prepare ice-cream by adding fresh cream.
Add your private note
Peas Payasam ( Mutter Kheer) recipe - How to make Peas Payasam ( Mutter Kheer)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Pressure cook peas until one whistle, cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the green peas and saute till the peas are cooked.
- Add the boiled milk to this paste ,then add the dissolved sugar, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour in a small quantity of boiled milk and add to the green peas, mix well and cook till the kheer is thick.
- Remove from the flame, add the essence and colour and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with nuts.
This recipe was contributed by karna36 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.