by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11640 times
Although this yummy starter involves a bit of effort, you will love the unique outcome! The crisp texture and pearly appearance of the deep-fried corn, perked up with snazzy ingredients like ginger, garlic, spring onions and Schezuan sauce, give it an Oriental touch that you are sure to relish thoroughly.
Make sure the boiled corn is dry before mixing with the flours, and once this step is done you should deep-fry it immediately before the mixture gets soggy. When frying the corn, it might splutter a bit, so move away from the kadhai. Serve the Pearly Corn immediately to enjoy the crispiest texture.
Also do try other corn snacks like Corn Filled Bread Tartlets , Corn Pakodas and Corn Panki .
- Combine the corn, plain flour, cornflour, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and deep-fry the corn in 2 batches till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the schezuan sauce, deep-fried corn and a little salt, mix well and toss on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||80.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||86.1 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.