Pearl Tapioca Savoury Crunchy Twists
by Anu Nagaraja
This recipe has been viewed 3007 times
Crunchy savory snack perfect for sharing during Diwali or any tea time with a hot cup of tea. prepared using rice flour and pearl tapioca.
- First wash the sago with water, drain and soak them in curds just enough to cover them for 2-3 hours.
- Add the rice flour, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Adding small amounts of water make a soft but not sticky dough as you see in the picture and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for deep frying.
- Meanwhile, prepare your 'chakli press' and select the plate with small holes (not tiny holed one-which is for making sev or omapudi).
- Grease the inside of the chakli press with oil - this step is important otherwise the dough will not slide through easily
- tease out large lemon sized amount of the dough and place it in the 'chakli press' as shown in the pic.
- Add enough dough to fill the space and cover with the other handle part.
- Holding the chakli press at least 1-2" over the oil, but not touching it, press down using the handle to release the dough onto the oil directly.
- After about 30 sec, flip them gently over and fry again and again flip after 30 second fry.
- Repeat 2-3 times until both sides turn deep golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Anu Nagaraja on 30 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.