Pear, Apple and Melon Halwa
by Anu Nagaraja
This recipe has been viewed 2724 times
Our very own halwa with a twist. A quick, easy, healthy halwa prepared using fruits in the microwave.
Add your private note
Pear, Apple and Melon Halwa recipe - How to make Pear, Apple and Melon Halwa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Roughly grate the apple, pear and melon after removing the peel and seeds.
- In a microwave safe deep dish, add 1 tbsp of ghee and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or just enough to melt the ghee.
- Add the nuts and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds to roast the nuts. Remove onto separate plate.
- Again, in the same bowl, add 1 more tbsp of ghee and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the fruits and mix well and microwave for 4 minutes stirring after 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, again stirring once in between or till they become soft and cooked.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes and cook again for 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 cup of warm milk, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the roasted nuts and serve. garnish with thin roughly chopped almonds.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Anu Nagaraja on 30 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.