Peanut Caramel Squares
by Gayathri Kumar
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7971 times
A baked sweet with a soft biscuit base and a crunchy peanut caramel layer.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk well till smooth and fluffy.
- Add the flour, custard powder and baking powder and mix well and knead into a crumbly dough.
- Grease and line a 18 cm square tin and press the dough onto the base to even thickness.
- Cover the tin with foil and bake in a pre-heated oven for 1 15 minutes.
- Chop the roasted peanuts and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add the butter, brown sugar and honey, mix well and when the mixture starts boiling, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped peanuts and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Remove the foil from the tin and pour the peanut caramel over the base immediately.
- Bake for more 10 minutes without foil.
- Cool and invert the pie on to a plate, remove the lining and flip it again to bring the caramel layer to the top.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Gayathri Kumar on 09 Dec 2011I am a food blogger. I am mom of a cute girl and I love cooking. Here is a nice place to share my re...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.