This recipe has been viewed 4803 times
Peanut brittle is a sweet peanut based snack item prepared from mixing peanut with sugar syrup and vanilla extract. The peanut brittles can be stirred for weeks and enjoyed as snack or dessert after meal. Excellent source of energy for children.
- Coat two 12-by-17-inch low-sided baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a heavy 5-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover the pot, and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Swirl the pot often over the burner to dissolve the sugar.
- Keeping the lid on will prevent sugar crystals from forming inside the pot; however, should crystals form, w
- Once steam begins to rise around the lid, remove the lid, and reduce heat to medium.
- Insert candy thermometer, and continue to boil until temperature reaches 230° (thread stage), about 1 minute.
- Add peanuts, and stir constantly with a metal spoon until the mixture reaches 300° (hard-crack stage), about 13 to 18 minutes.
- At this point, the mixture should be a rich, golden brown.
- Immediately remove from heat, and quickly add butter, vanilla, and baking soda. stir with a metal spoon until butter melts;
- Mixture will become foamy.
- Pour half of mixture down the center of each pan; spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Turn brittle out of the pan, and snap it into shards.
- Peanut brittle can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
This recipe was contributed by Muniya on 26 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.