Peach Praline Gateau
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11121 times
A superb cake, light as a feather. Covered with cream, jam and crunchy pralines.
- Grease and dust a 175 mm. (7") diameter sandwich cake tin.
- Pour the sponge mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cake.
- Divide the cake into 2 parts horizontally.
- Chop the fruit, leaving 5 pieces for decoration. Keep the syrup aside.
- Pour a little syurp over the cake and allow to soak. Repeat after 10 minutes. Be sure that the cake is moist.
- Beat the cream with the sugar.
- In half the cream, add the chopped fruit and one-third of the praline powder.
- Spread this mixture oven one part of the cake.
- Put the other part of the cake on top.
- Mix the jam with a little syrup from the can and brush over the sides of the cake.
- Stick the praline powder on the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife.
- Fit a piping bag with a star nozzle and fill with the cream. Pipe the cream on the top.
- Decorate with the fruit and the remaining praline powder.
- VARIATION : PEACH PRALINE GATEAU (EGGLESS)
- Proceed as above using eggless sponge cake mixture instead of fatless spong mixture.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.