This recipe has been viewed 1291 times
Peach desire is a tempting cake recipe with fresh ripe peaches layered into a cake batter. The cake batter is topped with nuts, cinnamon and peach cubes and served warm with whipped cream.
Add your private note
Peach Desire recipe - How to make Peach Desire
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 hours 10 minutes
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 eggs -- unbeaten
4 peeled ripe peaches
1/3 cup sugar1/2 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. beat 1/2 cup sugar with shortening
- until light and creamy. add lemon rind, then eggs, one at a time; beat
- well. add flour in fourths, beating after each addition. spread half of
- batter in greased 8x8 inch pan. top with peaches. mix 1/3 cup sugar,
- cinnamon and nuts; sprinkle over all. bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- serve warm, cut into squares and top with whipped cream, if desired.
This recipe was contributed by interditbelle on 13 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.