Peach Custard, Eggless Peach Dessert
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33005 times
Peach custard is a warm and delicious dessert that can be the perfect ending to a cosy dinner party!
Sweet canned peaches are topped with yummy custard and brown sugar, and baked till the brown sugar melts. The caramelised sugar gives a wonderful aroma and flavour to the dessert.
Try other eggless dessert recipes like Ice cream On A Coconut-Crust- and Fruity Chocolate Tarts .
- Combine the custard powder, sugar and 2½ tbsp of milk in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a deep pan, add the custard powder paste and whisk continuously till no lumps remain.
- Simmer the custard on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Drain the peach halves and arrange them inverted in an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the hot custard over the peach halves and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Always keep stirring the custard while cooking as it tends to stick to the vessel or form lumps.
- Since the pudding is served in the same dish in which it is baked in, use a glass dish and not an aluminium baking dish.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.