Pea and Mint Soup
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2470 times
A novel soup recipe, Pea and mint soup is a vegetable soup with a difference. The pea and mint combination is unusual but in the soup tastes great. A perfect winter soup recipe.
Add your private note
Pea and Mint Soup recipe - How to make Pea and Mint Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
25 gms. butter1 chopped onion
225 gms diced potaoes
450 gms frozen or fresh peas
6 ml. water
10 sprigs of fresh mint salt and freshly crushed black pepper to taste
castor sugar and fresh cream (optional)
- 1. melt the butter in large saucepan, add onions and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- 2. add the potatoes and stir well. cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 3. stir in peas, water and half the mint. cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- 4. puree, then sieve. season with salt, pepper and a bit of castor sugar.
- 5. can be served hot or cold. swirl a little cream on each portion, if you like.
This recipe was contributed by prakash12 on 09 Dec 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.