Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8392 times
This is an excellent low cal south Indian recipe as bitter gourd in itself is good for cutting out sugar from our body.
it is best when served with hot rice.
Add your private note
Pavakkai Pitlai recipe - How to make Pavakkai Pitlai
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Take the bitter gourd and cut longitudinally .remove seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Take the roasting ingredients and roast it till urad dal turns golden brown.
- Take the grated coconut and the roasted ingredient and grind it to a paste adding a little water.
- Now boil the bitter gourd in tmarind water,with salt,and haldi .
- After the gourd is fully boiled pour the ground paste in it.let it boil in sim for 6-8 min then add the gur to it.and sim for 2-3 min and switch of gas.now for tadka take sarson and curry leaves in gingelly oil and when sarson splutters add to the dish.
This recipe was contributed by slim on 08 Dec 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.