Pav Bhaji By kvinita
This recipe has been viewed 2482 times
Get the step by step procedure to prepare the popular Maharashtrian meal option, Pav bhaji with this easy and tasty pav bhaji recipe. The bhaji is a medley of vegetables cooked in tomato puree and served with generously buttered pavs.
- Boil, cool, peel and grate potatoes. wash and finely chop tomatoes.
- Wash and grate cauliflower. peel and finely chop onion. peel ginger, garlic and grind to a fine paste. wash, halve, remove seeds and finely chop capsicum.
- Wash, remove stems and finely chop green chillies. clean, wash and finely chop fresh coriander leaves. boil green peas in salted water till soft, drain, mash lightly and keep aside. cut lemon into wedges.
- Heat oil in a pan and add three fourth quantity of chopped onions. sauté till light brown. add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste. stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala.
- Add grated cauliflower and cook for a while. add peas and cook. add pav bhaji masala, tomato puree, mashed potatoes and one and half cups water. bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed. add salt to taste.
- Add chopped capsicum, stir and cook for a little while.
- Slit the pao, apply a little butter. sprinkle red chilli powder and toast slightly on a hot tawa.
- Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges
This recipe was contributed by kvinita on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.