Pav Bhaji By kamalacute
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1905 times
The popular and favorite meal or snack item, Pav bhaji is a delightful Maharashtrian recipe of enjoying buttered hot pav with a tomato based spicy bhaji or vegetables.
Add your private note
Pav Bhaji By kamalacute recipe - How to make Pav Bhaji By kamalacute
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Pressure cook mixed vegetables and peas till well done.
- Mash them coarsely after draining.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add ginger-garlice, capsicum, onion, tomatoes.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes till very soft.
- Add pavbhaji masala, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, sugar and fry further 2-3 minutes.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer till gravy is thick, stirring and mashing pieces with masala, in between.
- Add lemon juice, stir.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and a block of butter.
- For pavs
- Slit pavs horizontally leaving one edge attached. (to open like a book).
- Apply butter (as desired) and roast open on a griddle till hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with bhaji, a piece of lemon and chopped onion.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.