Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6543 times
Prepare the quintessial Pav bhaji, a lip smacking Maharashtrian favorite snack recipe which van also be enjoyed as a main course meal.. The buttered hot pav or breads are served with a bhaji prepared with boiled potatoes and other vegetables cooked with tomato puree, green chillies, onions and other spices. Relish pav bhaji with chopped onion and lime juice as garnishing.
- Heat butter in a kadai .
- Make a paste of kashmiri red chilly and garlic .
- Add onions & capsicums , green chilly & ginger to the same kadai & cook for 1 min .
- Add the chilly garlic paste & cook till onions turn golden brown .
- Add the tomatoes & cook till oil separates.
- Add the pav bhaji masala , salt ,black salt , chilly powder & turmeric powder cook for another 1 min.
- Add cauliflower , carrots , peas & potatoes.
- Mash the bhaji & add water ( as required ) & cook till done .
- Sprinkle coriander leaves & dried fenugreek leaves & add lemon juice .
- Serve hot with cooked pavs.
This recipe was contributed by sanskruti18 on 20 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.