Pav & Bhaji
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3805 times
pav bhaji masala is a spice blend which is readily available at most grocery stores.
- Boil the cauliflower, peas and carrots till they are soft. drain out the excess water.
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes. then, add the prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté till the onion softens.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer till the oil separates.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, black salt and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the boiled vegetables and potatoes and mash thoroughly using a potato masher, adding ½ cup of water if required.
- Slice each pav into 2 horizontally. apply a little butter to each side and sprinkle with a little pav bhaji masala, if desired.
- Heat a large tava and cook the pav on both sides till the pieces are lightly browned.
- Serve the hot bhaji on 4 individual plates and top with the onion and coriander.
- Serve with the hot pav and lemon wedges.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.