Paushtik Bread Idli
by Foodie #255862
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4373 times
1. This is an easy way to get your babies/ toddlers to like the vegetables.
2. Soft texture of the idlis makes it easier to be swallowed safely.
3. No spices required and yet the idlis taste yummy!
1. Add yogurt when ready to serve else, the bread will get soggy.
2. You can make this dish as nutritious as you would like it to be, use whole wheat or multigrain bread slices, you could add sprouts to the vegetable mix.
3. Use olive oil and add as little as possible.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the vegetable mixture and keep it aside.
- Take the round bread slices and put the vegetable mixture on one side, press it slightly so it doesn''t fall of when turned downwards.
- Take a shallow pan and add little oil to it and let it get a little warm.
- Put all the 4 bread slices on the pan with the vegetable mixture touching the pan so, it gets cooked well. use oil judiciously, just enough to cook the vegetables.
- Keep the flame medium and allow 3-4 minutes for the veggie-side to get cooked, pressing it lightly.
- Remove the bread slice from the flame and put it on the serving dish again with the veggie side down, touching the plate.
- Add 1 tea spoon yogurt on the upper side of the bread (uncooked side of the bread)
- Sprinkle little salt and rosted cumin powder and garnish with cilantro.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #255862 on 10 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.