by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4748 times
- Sieve the flour.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of margarine very well into the four.
- Make a well in the centre. Add the salt in this well and pour a little ice-cold water on top.
- Make a soft doughby adding some more ice-cold water.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Keep the dough under a cloth for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with the help of a little flour to a rectangular shape. Brush away the extra flour.
- Apply the remaining 115 grams of margarine leaving aside a strip of 12 mm. (1/2") width all around.
- Divide the dough into 4 imaginary equal parts.
- Fold part no. 1 on the left on part no.2.
- Next fold part no.4 on the tright on part no.3.
- Next fold part no.3 on part no.2.
- Sprinkle plenty of flour on a tray. Put the rolled dough over it and sprinkle flour again. Cover with a cloth.
- Chill the dough in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator over the ice tray for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out to a rectangular shape.
- Divide the dough into 3 imaginary equal parts,
- Fold part no. 1 on the left on part no.2 and fold part no.3 on the right on part no.2.
- Chill the dough in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator over the ice tray for 15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 15,16 and 17.
- Roll out the dough to about 6 mm. (1/4") thickness in the shape of a rectangle.
- Cut into squares.
- Put a little stuffing in the centre of each square and make a shape of a triangle out of it by pressing together two opposite diagonal corners.
- Arrange on a baking dish. Brush with ghee.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450° F for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.