Pathiri - Rice Chapathi
by Ende Kushini
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3403 times
Pathiri is a famous dish in the malabar area. It is an easy to make dish using rice flour.
- Boil the 2 cups of water and once water comes to a boil, remove half a cup of water and keep side.
- Add salt and ghee, mix well and add the rice flour, while stirring continuously, till it becomes thick and turns into a soft dough.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- When still warm, knead again with hands, applying little oil in your palms.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll them into small chapatis using some rice flour.
- Heat a dosa-pan, place the pathiri and cook each pathiri on both side of the pathiri on high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Lower the flame and flip the pathiri to cook on both sides.
- The pathiri has to puff up little and that is the indication that it is cooked.
- Serve hot pathiris with vegetable stew or spicy chicken curry.
This recipe was contributed by Ende Kushini on 08 Nov 2012I love cooking and I love varieties. I love to experiment with cooking. I read recipe books, look u...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.