Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 848 times
Healthy pastry can be home made using 11/2 cup of wholemeal wheat flour , 2 tbsp of margarine or butter, 1 tsp salt , warm water . mix these ingredients to form roti or chapatti dough consistency.
Add your private note
Pasty cigars recipe - How to make Pasty cigars
Cooking Time: Total Time:
200 tenderstem broccoli, cut to make a total of 16 pieces
3 Olive oil
125 sweet potato, peeled and very finely diced
2 Shallots, finely diced
20 Almonds, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1/2 small lemon juice
1 packet Filo pastry
125ml natural yogurt, to serve (optional)
- 1. preheat the oven to 200c/gas 6.
- 2. parboil the broccoli for 4 minutes, drain and set aside.
- 3. heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the sweet potato for 5 minutes until almost tender. add the shallots and almonds and cook for a further 5 minutes until both vegetables are soft.
- 4. stir in the spices and cook for 2 minutes , season with lemon juice.
- 5. cut the pastry into squares approx 15 x 15cms. brush one sheet with oil and lay a second sheet on top. dot a good tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture in a horizontal line 2 cms from the top and put two tenderstem stems on top, top to tail, overlapping if necessary. roll over and turn the edges in, brushing with oil and roll into a cigar.
- 6. brush the top with oil. repeat until you have 8 rolls. bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp.
- 7. serve, dipping them into the yogurt.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#402092 on 27 Feb 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.