Pastry Base for Tarts
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10133 times
Prepare the Pastry base for tarts easily at home with this simple pastry base recipe at tarladalal.com.Fill the tart cased with fruit or chocolate filling and serve as dessert or teatime snack item
Add your private note
Pastry Base for Tarts recipe - How to make Pastry Base for Tarts
Preparation Time: Preparation Time : 10 mins. Cooking Time: Cooking Time : 10 to 15 mins. Total Time:
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Gradually, add enough cold milk to make a firm dough. refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll out the pastry to line a 150 mm. (6") diameter tart mould.
- Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 230°c (450°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool completely.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.