by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9461 times
A pastry base is like fine linen waiting to be embroidered on! it offers a wonderfully chewy yet crunchy base to hold all your favourite fillings, be it chocolate, custard, jam, caramelised nuts, stewed fruits or your own innovative combinations. The perfect pastry base, of course, leads to the perfect tart, so here is how to get it right…
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Gradually, add enough cold milk to make a firm dough. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll out the pastry to line a 150 mm. (6") diameter tart mould.
- Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 230°c (450°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool completely.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.