Pasta with Chilli Tomatoes and Spinach
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8065 times
This is a tangy pasta with a double dose of tomatoes – peppy tomato puree as well as sweet-and-sour cherry tomatoes.
The unusual combination of cherry tomatoes and spinach, with a dash of red chilli flakes and an extra dose of garlic makes this a flavour-packed and visually-appealing pasta treat.
Loads of cheese and a sprinkling of herbs add to the charm of the Pasta with Chilli Tomatoes and Spinach, as does an exciting garnish of chopped walnuts. Enjoy it hot and fresh to experience the best of this multi-textured dish.
Try other pasta recipes like the Pasta in Tomato Sauce , and the Pasta and Vegetable Casserole .
- To make pasta with chilli tomatoes and spinach, heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions, chilli flakes, tomato purée, and mixed herbs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the pasta, milk, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with walnuts.
Pasta With Chilli Tomatoes And Spinach Video by Tarla Dalal
Pasta with Chilli Tomatoes and Spinach recipe with step by step photos
- Heat a little olive oil in a deep non-stick pan. Almost all Italian cooking makes use of olive oil and hence we have used it here.
- Once the oil heats up, add the garlic. It will start to sizzle.
- Now add the sliced onions to the pan.
- Add chilli flakes to give a spicy kick to the pasta.
- Now add the tomato purée. We have used store bought tomato puree which is concentrated in taste and has a slight sweetness to it.
- Finally add the mixed herbs. Mixed herbs contain seasonings like oregano, thyme, basil and pepper among many which are used in excessively in Italian cuisine.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes the rawness of the onions and garlic will disappear.
- Add the blanched and chopped spinach. This gives a nice green color and a somewhat earthy flavor to the pasta.
- Now add the cherry tomato halves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally or till the tomatoes have started to release their juices but still hold their shape.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the boiled pasta to the pan. You can use any shape you like – fusilli, bow shaped and even spaghetti.
- Also add milk at this stage. Since the dish doesn’t have a sauce per se, we add milk to give it a creamy consistency which will not make it seem dry.
- We will also add the cheese and salt at this stage. No pasta is complete without the addition of cheese!
- Mix this well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally to coat the pasta well.
- Garnish with walnuts. They add a crunchy and nutty element to the Pasta with Chilli, Tomatoes and Spinach.
- Serve along with Coca Chocolate Ice Cream Float to make a complete meal.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1743.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||46.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.