Parwal Dolma (potoler Dorma )
by Nandini Mitra
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14084 times
A bengali favourite , can be served as a dry accompaniment to everyday dal chawal or( may be added to a tomato onion gravy as a main course dish to be eaten with rice when a prawn filling is added. ) any way one eats this it is delicious. The filling inside can be changed to a non vegetarian one by using small prawns and onion filling ( different recipe )
- Wash the parwal and scrape the skin with a knife and trim the ends.
- From one end scoop out the seeds carefully without damaging the other end.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the parwal shells till brown
- Keep aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix the grated coconut, onions, ginger paste, lemon juice and salt along with coriander and mix well.
- Fill the parwal shells with this mixture and serve as snack or as a accompaniment to dal chawal.
This recipe was contributed by Nandini Mitra on 27 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.