Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4468 times
Paruppurundai kuzhambu is a mouthwatering south indian vegetable curry recipe with steamed lentil cakes simmered in a tamarind and coconut based curry. Relish with rice.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals and red chillies in enough water for 2-3 hrs.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Mix with this paste, salt, haldi,hing,chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small lemon sized balls without making them very tight.
- Steam them for 5 minutes by arranging them carefully without one touching the other.
- Keep aside to cool.
- In a deep pan, boil the tomatoes and tamarind paste with ½ cup water till soft.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth and strain and keep aside.
- Make this up to 2 cups by adding water and bring to boil, with salt, haldi and ground paste.
- When the mixture is well blended add the cooked balls and simmer for a few minutes.
- Temper with mustard seeds in ½ tsp oil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.