This recipe has been viewed 676 times
If plain paaupu dosa is not enough u can add a tempering of mustard,jeera,a liittle of urad dal and one onion and curry leaves.
it makes difference.
Add your private note
Paruppu osai recipe - How to make Paruppu osai
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 cup Steamed Rice
Toor dal-1/4 cup
Dried red chillies-5-6
Ginger optional salt to taste
Methi seeds-a little bit
hing a pinch oil
- Soak rice for 4 to 5 hours.
- After rice is soaked add toor dal and methiand soak for 20 mins.
- Grind soaked rice and dal with red chillies and garlic to dosa batter consistency.
- Leave to ferment for 2-3 hours.
- Before preparing dosa add salt.
- Pour battter in tawa and alittle bit oil on its sides for crispness.
- This dosa goes well with grinded onion tomato chutney
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#406441 on 04 Apr 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.