Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3037 times
Green chillies can be used instead of red chillies.
- Clean, wash and soak both dals in enough water for 40 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt and red chillies to a smooth paste.
- Keep these paste in idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 15 minutes.
- Cool and break into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the vegetable and cooked pieces and saute for some time.
- Add the curry leaves for garnishing.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nithyavaidya on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.