Paruppu Urudai Morkozhambu
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2234 times
Paruppu urudai morkozhambu is a south indian delicacy which are basically lentil based steamed dumplings or balls which are simmered in yoghurt based gravy. A subtly spiced curry recipe which taste best paired with boiled rice.
- Soak the dal in water for 1 hour, drain and blend in a mixer along with 2 green chillies, 1/2 tsp salt and asafoetida adding very little water till smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai, add the ground paste and saute till it is thick.
- Cool and shape the mixture into medium-sized balls like koftas.
- Steam in a steamer for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the grated coconut with curds and the remaining green chillies and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, curry leaves and the steamed balls, mix well and cook on a slow flame, stirring all the time, till tiny bubbles form on top.
- For the tempering, heat 1 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and red chillies and saute till seeds crackle.
- Add this to the morekozhambu.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by joyabeans on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.