by HumptyDumpty Kitchen
This recipe has been viewed 1852 times
This is a popular snack from Kerala and is a perfect treat on a rainy day. The fritters are easy to make even though you have to remember to soak the dal beforehand.
- Soak the dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain off the water completely and then coarsely grind it. Do not make a paste out of it.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into the dal and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal sized portions and roll each of these into balls.
- Heat oil in a wok and when it is ready, take one lentil ball at a time, flatten it between your palms.
- This will make it a bit thicker in the middle, with the sides tapering off.
- Slide the flattened dough one by one into the oil and deep fry in batches till it turns golden brown from all the sides.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by HumptyDumpty Kitchen on 02 Jul 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.