This recipe has been viewed 2396 times
One of the important dish in the onam sadhya during onam in kerala..A must try!
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the moong dal and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and 2 cups water, mix well and cook till the moong is cooked and water is evaporated.
- Meanwhile, combine the coconut and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the paste to the coconut, mix well and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan and add the curry leaves.
- Add this to the moong dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vaiga on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.