Paraval / Pottal Chutney
by Geetha Venkatesan
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9205 times
Perivale / Portal Chutney is best relished with rice and prepared by blending shallow fried larval or gourds with tamarind pulp, jaggery and serving them seasoned with fried dals, mustard seeds and red chilli powder.
- Wash the paraval and slice without pealing or removing seeds.
- Place a shallow frying pan over fire.
- Add two table spoons of cooking medium and add rai to it.
- Allow rai to flutter.now add the chana dal, urd dal red chillies .
- Fry till the dal becomes golden brown.
- Then add all the other ingredients ( except tamarind and jaggery).
- Saute for some time adding three table spoons of water and close it with lid for( taking care not to burn ).
- Open the lid immediately and lower the fire.
- Mix it well, allow to cool and tranfer it into a mixi jar adding the tamarind and jaggery.
- Grind this to fine paste to get chutney consistensy adding water if necessary.
This recipe was contributed by Geetha Venkatesan on 22 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.