This recipe has been viewed 3250 times
Making time: 1 hour collectively(papdi, chutneys and pakodis can be made in advance at convenience)
makes: 3 servings
papdi (2 weeks in an airtight container)
- Mix flour, ajwain, salt and oil. rub together.
- Use some water and knead into soft dough.
- Roll into large thin rounds. prick all over with fork or knife.
- Place on a clean cloth. repeat for all dough.
- Heat oil, take one round at a time.
- Cut out small rounds from it with a cutter or small katori.
- Each round should be about 1 inch in diameter.
- Fry them in hot oil to a light golden brown.
- Drain, keep aside. cool, store till required for use.
- Slit chillies, deseed and rub with salt and lemon juice.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes, wash under tap and towel dry.
- Make medium thick batter of flour, salt and little water.
- Add hot oil to batter and mix.
- Deep each chilli in it, and deep fry in hot oil till golden.
- Drain keep aside.
- Mix the two chutneys together.
- Dip each papdi and pakodi in chutney mixture.
- Spread papdis and pakodis in a large plate.
- Sprinkle chopped potato all over.
- Drizzle beaten curd over them.
- Sprinkle salt, cumin and chaat masala all over.
- Garnish with chopped onion, coriander and sev.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, make in individual bowls as required.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.