Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4916 times
Pappulusu is a south indian lentil curry with tuar dal, tomatoes, tamarind, coconut and red chilli paste. Enjoy this spicy and tangy lentil dish with steamed rice.
- Pressure cook the dal with the 2 tomatoes, green chillies, tamarind and a pinch of turmeric powder till soft.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the red chillies, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and and curry leaves and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the pressure cooked dal and red chilli powder and enough water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by padmajabellam on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.