Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14713 times
A novel papaya paratha recipe with grated raw payas mixed with salt and green chillies and stuffed into wheat flour balls. An amazing paratha or indian shallow fried flat bread recipe, papaya paratha is best served with curd and pickle.
- Add enough water to plain flour and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- In another bowl, squeeze out the excess water from papaya and add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mvarsha on 05 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.