Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16104 times
An unique roll recipe, papad roll is simply irrestible as a crispy fried snack. The papads are rolled with a boiled potato mix with spices and then deep fried after sealing the sides of the papad. Papad rolls are best served with green chutney or tomato chili sauce.
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, chopped coriander leaves, chopped ginger and salt to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Divide it into eight equal portions.
- Place one portion on one side of a papad and apply water on the edges of the papad. roll the papad and fold the edges inwards. seal them with water so that the potato mixture does not come out.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Deep fry the papad rolls on moderate heat for about a minute.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by payalbudhraja on 31 Mar 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.