Papad Poha, Diwali Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 544 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70340 times
Flaked rice and papad sautéed with spices, peanuts and coconut. Use a thin variety of poha commonly known as "nylon poha", to make a crispier snack.
This recipe can be stored in an air-tight container for several days. Add the roasted and crushed papad to it just before you are ready to serve.
Try other chivda recipes like Sweet Oats Chivda Jowar Dhani Chivda.
- Roast the beaten rice in a broad non-stick pan for approx. 3 to 4 minutes or till it is crisp, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the peanuts and dry coconut and sauté on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chillies, curry leaves and roasted chana dal and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the roasted beaten rice, sugar, salt and crushed roasted papad, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||124.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.