Papad Mangodi ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 129 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76692 times
What a match – moong dal mangodi and urad dal papads! When this wholesome and tasty combo meets tangy curds and an assortment of spice powders, you get a spicy, tongue-tickling subzi. A simple tempering of mustard and cumin seeds imparts an irresistible aroma to the Papad Mangodi ki Subzi. Add the papad only towards the end as it will soften quickly.
- Combine the curds, chilli powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker, add the coarsely crushed mangodis and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the curds mixture, cooked mangodi and salt and mix well.
- Switch on the flame and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the papad, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.