Panki ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21779 times
Small rice pancakes steamed in-between banana leaves makes a great snack. The microwave version of the panki uses less oil compared to the conventional cooking method.
- Cut the banana leaves into rectangles approx. 100 mm. X 75 mm. (4" x 3"), grease one side with oil and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the panki in a bowl along with ¾ cup of water to make a thin batter.
- Place one banana leaf rectangle on a microwave safe plate with the greased side facing up.
- Spread 1½ tablespoons of the batter and place another leaf on top and press gently, taking care that the batter does not flow out of the leaf and is an even layer.
- Repeat to make 11 more pankis and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Handy tip :
- You may even arrange the pankis directly on the rotating tray.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.