Panjiri (indian Sweet Snack From Punjab)
by meera girdhar
This recipe has been viewed 28599 times
As Winter started some nutritional supplement is required for the family and Panjiri is the perfect snack. Panjiri is an Indian sweet snacks from Punjab region. It is made from the whole wheat flour roasted in pure ghee and loaded with dry Fruits. It helps us to beat extreme winters, so to keep your family strong and healthy, do serve them Panjiri made with love......
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee, add the almonds, cashew nut and saute it for a minute or two.
- Now add water melon seeds to this, once the dry fruits are nicely fried in ghee, transfer in a bowl and keep aside
- Now in same pan add 1 tablespoon of ghee and add puffed lotus seeds, fry it nicely for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once it is nicely cooked with ghee, transfer it in another bowl
- Now coarsely grind dry fruits and then makhane in a mixer and mix them in a bowl .
- Again take the same pan and add 1 cup ghee and flour to this, roast flour over slow flame around 25 to 30 minutes or till the flour changes to golden brown color and nice aroma comes out.
- Add the cardamom powder, crushed pistachio and melon seeds to this and roast for 5 minutes
- Add the dry fruit mixture to this and keep on stirring the mixture for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off the flame add sugar to this and keep stirring for 2 to 4 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Panjiri is ready enjoy it or keep it in an air tight jar and use it when ever you feel like.
This recipe was contributed by meera girdhar on 18 Dec 2014I am Meera Girdhar, loving being mother, wife, professional and passionate to pursue my interests. S...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.