Panha ( Microwave)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11601 times
Panha, the evergreen Indian cooler, just got easier! Summer is just not complete without chilled glasses of Panha, prepared with raw mangoes, perked up with black salt and spices like cardamom and saffron, and sweetened with sugar.
Preparing this traditional drink using the Microwave oven is much faster, as it takes a minute or two to cook the raw mango cubes, and just about the same time to dissolve the sugar too! Being so easy, you can now relish freshly-prepared Panha to refresh yourself anytime you feel like it.
- Combine the saffron with 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the raw mangoes with ½ cup water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mix well and microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled blend it in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Transfer it into a deep bowl.
- Add the saffron-water mixture and black salt and mix well. .
- Add 4 cups of chilled water , mix well and pour it in 5 individual glasses.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per glass
|Vitamin A||78 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.