Paneer in White Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1771 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 272198 times
Deliciously soft paneer in a rich and luscious gravy, which is sure to make your main course very, very special. The gravy features a rich onion-cashew paste, perked up with a special powder and whole spices.
The red chillies and coriander seeds are powdered coarsely using a mortar-pestle, which is very important to give this dish its special aroma and unique mouth-feel, so do not grind them finely. To enjoy the maximum aroma and flavour, serve the Paneer in White Gravy hot and fresh with Parathas and Aachar .
- Combine the kashmiri dry red chilli and coriander seeds in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) and pound to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the onions, cashewnuts and ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic paste and the onion-cashew mixture , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the chilli-coriander coarse powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the paneer, coriander, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||107.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.